Thursday 21 January 2010

Sport Injury Depression

I went out on the clubs chain gang tonight. 30 miles with a good few hills.  I was thinking I'll be doing well to hang on all the way round after the short lay-off, whilst everyone else seemed to be turbo training.  I nearly did as well, and it wasn't fitness that let me down. Half way round the hills done and dusted and after a pacey section led out by Dan, the hamstring was really protesting.  Worse then than at any time in the last 12 months. I did the sensible thing, I sat up and cruised round the remaining.

Now I'm faced with the horrible but sensible decision to have a complete lay-off.  I'm booked in at the physio on Tuesday, so I'll reassess then, but things are not looking good.  My long list of stuff I wanted to do this year lies in tatters.  First to go will be the racing, then Nottingham to Monaco looks seriously in jeopardy, and the times I'll get for the time trials will be just too depressing. Perhaps the best I can hope for are some late season sportives. My return to fell running this year is also out the window, so much for Tigger's Tor in a week and I'd had some fantastic runs in the snow over new year.

Perhaps I'll start going down the climbing wall again...

Posted via web from Visionset's Posterous

No comments: