Sunday 18 April 2010

On tenterhooks

Lily is potty training. I took her, in the trailer, to highfields playground
with Charlie running behind. She had a great morning and even managed the
'big kids swing'. A flock of Geese flew over and she nonchalently states
'Geese' as she continued filling the tube with sand. Every other kid was
clamouring for ice-cream from the van, Lily doesn't know what ice cream is
:-) 3 Visits to the toilet and no accidents, best morning for her in a week
I think.
Tender or Tenterhooks? I thought tender hooks were what you hang meat on,
as in tenderising. Tenterhooks are what you stretch a canvas on and I
believe this is the correct phrase to describe psychological tension, makes
sense. Though as a child I always knew it as tender hooks.

Posted via email from Visionset's Posterous

No comments: